Saturday, January 05, 2019

The class of 2018

At the start of each new year I like to look back and scroll through all my logs and notes and calculate how many different Dutch MW pirates I've heard during the previous 12 months. And I can reveal that during 2018 I logged 154 stations operating from the Netherlands.

When I did this last time I counted up that I had received 172 stations in 2017, following on from 167 in 2016, and 185 in 2015.

A couple of names in the latest list are alternative identifications and as usual several of the operators are actually based across the border in Germany.

The numbers might be down a little bit this time, but I didn't do a great deal of listening during the summer and I kept no logs between the beginning of July and the end of October. Had I have done, I'm sure the numbers would have been up there with the total from the previous year, if not above. In short, it seems the MW pirate scene in the Netherlands is holding up very well.

All the stations listed have been heard on my own receivers at an inland location in England. My antenna is the Wellbrook ALA1530LN loop and my receivers are the Lowe HF-150, Lowe HF-225 and Kenwood R5000.

If you've heard any station not listed during the last 12 months, get in touch and let me know. And if you've heard a station and don't know what it is, send me a recording and I'll be glad to help out. You can email me or make contact with the Twitter or Facebook pages.

Dutch MW pirate radio stations heard in the UK in 2018

Admiraal
Akai
Alabama
Alice



Alpenjager
Arizona
Armada
Atlantic
Antonio
Baanbreker
Bandoeng
Batavia
Batavier
Barcelona
Barones
Billy De Bluffer
Blackstone
Blauwe Koe
Blauwe Panda
Blauwe Piraat
Blonde Piraat
Bluebird
Bonanza
Bootsman
Brugwachter
Caballero
Casablanca (Drenthe)


Casablanca (Twente)
Columbia
Concorde
Curacao
De Kat
De Klap
Derdeman
Desperado


Digitaal
Dikke Betta
Dinkelland
Dolfijn
Driland


Drukstroomjager
Edelkampioen
Eldorado


Electron
Eskimo
Flevojager
Friese Piraat
Gedrocht
Havanna
Hooiberg
Interpol
Ijsvogel
Jack Sparrow
Jeneverstoker
Kaimaan
Keizer en Keizerin


Klabautermann
Kleine Jopie
Kraanvogel
Kruik
Kwiksilver
Lokaal
Malibu
Marianne
Marconist
Marskramer
Melkbus
Mike
Meteoor


Mi Amigo
Moby Dick
Moonbreaker
Monte Carlo
Morgenster
Moscou
Musky
Mustang
Nachtrijder
Nachtzwerver
Noordster
Noordzee
Odynn
Oldtimer
Orion
Palingvisser
Pandora
Pandora (Friesland)
Paradiso
Pecon
Pereboom
Pioneer
Poema


Polidor
Polka Express
Polkaman
Pontiac
Professor Sickbok
Rebel (Drenthe)
Rebel (Friesland)
Relmus
Rietvink
Rocking Billy
Roderover
Romax
Ros Am
Ruisbreker
Sapporo
Schaduwjager
Scotland


Simplex
Skywire
Snowman
Soto en Daniel
Spakenburg
Spanningzoeker


Sterrenboog
Sylvania
Technical Man
Telefunken
Texas
Torpedojager (Twente)
Toulouse
Turftrekker
Turfsteker
Twee Gebroeders
Twentana


Uitzendkracht
Uniek
Utopia
Vader en Zoon Combinatie
Veluwse Ster
Vendor
Verona
Veronica
Viking en Tante Foek
Vloedgolf
Vonkenboer
Vriendschap
Vrijevogel
Vrolijke Mijnwerker


Vuilnisman
Wadloper
Weduwe
Wegpiraat
Wilskracht
Witte Raaf
Witte Tornado
Zee Piraat
Zender Johan
Zwarte Arabier
Zwarte Boer
Zwarte Bizon


Zwarte Panter (North NL)
Zwarte Piraat

7 comments:

  1. Thx for the reports keep on the good job Greetings Concorde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another year's guidance through the exciting world of AM free radio! I only have an indoor antenna, but I manage to hear medium wave pirates every evening, pretty much! Radio Barones, Radio Vrolijke Minewerker, Radio Bluebird and Radio Armada are among those heard over the Christmas and New Year period here in Bristol, plus many unidentified!

    Best for 2019!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding me at your list and have many great listening hours to Dutch pirates on the medium wave band.
    Regards
    Henk de Uitzendkracht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking at the blog and for your transmissions. Have a good 2019!

      Delete
  4. Thanks as ever for an excellent summary of the NL stations heard. Always a great resource for me to ID those difficult stations! Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for receiving me....regards de Uitzendkracht

    ReplyDelete