Sunday, March 01, 2015

White, blue and black

It's been a busy weekend for me. I was working all day on Saturday, but the train journey home was made easier with the android version of the Twente SDR, which I used on my mobile phone to listen to Radio Barones on 1615 kHz. He had visitors in the studio, and the show certainly kept me occupied until I got home in the early hours of this morning.

Before hitting the bed, I checked the radio and found a fine signal on 1640. It turned out to be Radio Snowman, who broadcasts with a power of just 20 watts and does really well with his low power. I visited his studio in the summer and have seen the transmitter in action, but it always amazes me when I hear him so well with only a few watts. You can listen to the reception on this recording:




The MW band has been pretty quiet this evening, but there was a lengthy programme from the Zwarte Panter on 1615 kHz and I am now listening to the Witte Tornado's weekly programme on 1647. In between there was a test broadcast from the Blauwe Piraat on 1472 kHz. He has been doing a few experiments recently, also trying 1395 with good results. 



Talking about in-band frequencies again, Energy FM was streamed from the internet on to 1476 kHz once more this evening and was arriving here with a decent signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment