Monday, April 28, 2014

Caroline North - the final broadcast

During the last four weeks I've spent a fair few hours listening to Radio Caroline North, broadcasting on 87.7 and the internet with a 28-day licence from the Planet Lightship in Liverpool's Albert Dock. Last night this tribute to the offshore station that was anchored in Ramsey Bay on the Isle Of Man between 1964 and 1968 closed down after an entertaining evening.




I listened to the final broadcast while I was on the move. With my mobile phone and an in-car transmitter I listened as I drove over 100 miles on the motorway. I even tuned my radio to the Caroline North channel of 87.7 for added authenticity! The 3g signal stayed with me throughout the whole journey, so there were no breaks in transmission, and I even recorded nearly two hours of the final programme, which you can listen to here:



No comments:

Post a Comment