Sunday, April 12, 2015

The waiting game

Good evening from a wet and windy UK.

Apologies for lack of activity on the blog during the last couple of weeks. Things have been busy here, but also poor conditions on the MW band for receiving the Dutch pirates means I've not been doing much listening. Take right now, for example. The radio is tuned to Witte Tornado on 1647, but the signal that is usually so solid is nowhere near as strong and is fading around. While evening reception of shortwave pirates has improved, the opposite is the case on MW.



A few times recently I've actually thought there has been a problem with the antennas here due to poor reception, but luckily all is good with them. I'll just have to sit tight and wait for propagation to improve, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Even with my indoor antenna, I could tell conditions were poor for MW this weekend. I've just posted on am-forum for the early part of April where most MW activity can be seen in the first week !

    ReplyDelete